Questions on Kingdom
Q. When do chapters come out?
Chapters are currently being sourced by Sense-Scans and are typically available every Sunday (AEST). If a chapter is not out, check the comments section of the last post. Typically someone will already have asked or answered this question.
Q. Can I use / upload your scanlation to…?
Yes. Cleans are even available here. Also, please credit us appropriately for our work. If you’re looking for more recent cleans or Ad Astra, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Unfortunately, we cannot release any cleans done with Sense-Scans due to their own policies regarding this.
Q. Why do you use Japanese names?
Q. What is [Kingdom Character]’s Chinese Name.
Questions on Ad Astra
Q. Have you dropped Ad Astra?
Yes. If anyone’s interested in continuing scanlating Ad Astra, contact our email for free digital scans up to vol 8.
As to why we dropped it, lack of time / force of will to continue.
Questions on Scanlation
Q. Do you plan on taking up another project? Are you accepting any suggestions?
No. We’re burnt out old men and no longer young.
Q. What goes into Scanlating a chapter of Kingdom?
The workload of scanlating a chapter of manga can be broken down as follows:
- Cleaning: 1.5 – 2 hr
- Translation: 1.5 – 2 hr
- Typesetting: 1 – 1.5 hr
- Redrawing: 0.5-1 hr
It takes an average of 6 work hours to produce a chapter of manga.
These times were taken when Turnip Farmers was the sole group working on Kingdom. Now that Sense is handling cleaning and redrawing, times take slightly longer due to the different raws used and organisation required due to the collaborators living in different time zones.
Questions about Us
Q. How can I contact you?
There are several ways. You can leave a comment on our latest post, we will read them. You can also send us a private message on Batoto. Lastly you can send us an email at: email@example.com.
Q. What’s with your names?
We are jaded life-long MMO gamers that no longer care about our alias’. Oshit and Gongitraped were what we used when we decided to marathon Men of War. Anyone who’s played that game should get the joke. Turnip Farmers is a random name in a long line of stupid guild names that include gems such as: Tofu, Team of Friends and China Boys Penitentiary.
Q. Why don’t you accept donations or use ads?
Nothing pisses me off more than redirect ads. As for donations:
- We don’t want or need to scanlate for money.
- Our running costs are close to nonexistent anyway.
- Scanlation is already a morally grey area.
- While I don’t begrudge someone making a small amount off their work translating unofficially, I find it absurd that some people are getting up to $1000 a month or more off of it – in some cases, probably more than the original author is receiving for their work.
- If you want to donate to us, we’d much rather you find a way to send it to Hara Yasuhisa or donate it to a research or wildlife charity.
- We ran donations for charity back in 2015-2016 and raised $750 for Cancer Council Australia! You can read more about it here.
Q. I want to be a wizard!
OK mang, dats col.